Sunday, March 4, 2012

A Sincere Apology

I posted a photo last weekend. In my zeal to save babies, I sometimes don't think about the people I can hurt. The photo I posted Friday was an example of one of those times. I generally don't make racial remarks about my children. They do tease me for calling myself an angry black woman...3 of them are bi-racial and I counter that since my father is from Haiti and my mother's mother was from Barbados and came over on Ellis Island where they counted anyone from the Islands as Black. I figured that made me, you know, whatever more than bi-racial is...3/4. My full black children disagreed and said I am white...We laugh because they say that Mariah is white, too. You have to be really black in this family to talk...but I digress. Anyway, we talk about race here a lot. However, the title of my photo was in fact the name of one of Margaret Sangors Eugenic papers--Sangor was the founder of Planned Parenthood. I kindof felt like that described us--immigrants, blacks, and one lone native american we pretty much fit the description of the people she wanted to eliminate. My husband very gently reminded me that other people, like specifically him, our children, and pretty much anyone else in the world, don't actually read Margaret Sangor's work. Who knew...That said, we decided to avoid hurt feelings, misunderstanding, and any other unpleasantness and to remove my picture. So sorry! Here is the one we replaced it with. Hope you like it...
Have a great weekend, and again, my sincere apologies.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Thank you for understanding as the rest of us try to catch up. I love you sweetheart and i love your passion for the Lord and Life.

besthairsalon said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.